The Lutsen community is excited to welcome the participants of the Lutsen 99er, 69er, 49er 25er and kids races. Your spirit and dedication to biking inspires our entire community.
New for 2022: Fika Coffee Watch Party!
Hey family & friends! Fika Coffee is hosting a Watch & Pancake Party on race day! Head on down and join them in cheering on all the riders of Lutsen 99er. Highway 61 will close at 7:20 so get there in plenty of time to get some coffee and pancakes, secure a spot along 61 and cheer all the riders on. Pancakes will be served until 9am.
Aid Station Directions
We are no longer allowing spectators at aid stations 1, 2 and 3 for the 99ers.
Directions to Devil Track Lake Campground (you will still see your riders two times):
- From Lutsen
- Go Northeast on Scenic Hwy. 61 to the Harbor Town of Grand Marais
- Take a left on 5th Street — 5th is located at the bottom of the hill as you enter Grand Marais
- Proceed up 5th to the Gunflint Trail (less than a mile)
- Take a left on the Gunflint Trail and follow that up the meandering hill to County Road #8 (3+/- miles)
- Take a left on County Road #8 — there will be also a sign for the Cook County/Grand Marais airport
- Follow #8 to Devil Track Lake and continue on #8 past the airport
- County #8 turns into County #57 (basically stay on the same road)
Devil Track Lake Campground
Honeymoon and Caribou
- From Devil Track Campground
- Go back the way you came to go to the finish or Honeymoon Spectator location
- From the start
- Head down to Scenic Hwy 61
- Left on Scenic Hwy 61 to Caribou Trail
- Left on Caribou Trail and drive 6.7 miles to the aid / spectator location