The Lutsen community is excited to welcome the participants of the Lutsen 99er, 69er, 49er 25er and kids races. Your spirit and dedication to biking inspires our entire community.
All necessary information for the Lutsen 99er can be found in the Athlete Guide.
Aid Station Directions
We are no longer allowing spectators at aid stations 1, 2 and 3 for the 99ers.
Directions to Devil Track Lake Campground (you will still see your riders two times):
- From Lutsen — go Northeast on Scenic Hwy. 61 to the Harbor Town of Grand Marais
- Take a left on 5th Street — 5th is located at the bottom of the hill as you enter Grand Marais
- Proceed up 5th to the Gunflint Trail (less than a mile)
- Take a left on the Gunflint Trail and follow that up the meandering hill to County Road #8 (3+/- miles)
- Take a left on County Road #8 — there will be also a sign for the Cook County/Grand Marais airport
- Follow #8 to Devil Track Lake and continue on #8 past the airport
- County #8 turns into County #57 (basically stay on the same road)
Devil Track Lake Campground
Directions for the return back to the Sawbill Checkpoint/aid station #5 mile 80:
- Double back a couple miles on #57 to Ball Club Lake Road. This is a gravel road that will also take you to Two Island Campground — about five miles
- Continue past Two Island Campground (less than a mile) to “The Grade” or FSR 170
- Go 15+ miles to the Sawbill Trail (just continue on the Grade until you hit Sawbill Trail — this will be a “T” in the road)
- Take a left on Sawbill and proceed down to the checkpoint/aid station 5+/- miles