*NOTE: GPS FILE USERS*
There are certain areas where these GPX files are not totally accurate – including an area of snowmobile trail about 10 miles from the finish and the singletrack across Lutsen Mountains.
Route map for 2022 Lutsen 25er by Michael Melley on plotaroute.com
There will be two aid stations on the 25er course:
- Mile 10.5
- Mile 17.5
There will be H-frames with a white background, black print and directional arrows OR orange signs with black arrows along the 25er course.
Let’s not have to worry about enforcing these on the 25er ok? Keep it movin!
- 3:00pm – Honeymoon/Caribou Aid Station
- 3:45pm – Onion River Aid Station
- 11 hours for the full 25er
- Any riders arriving after this time should be transported back to the start/finish via sag vehicles.
- If riders insist on continuing it will be at their own risk, they will be listed as a DNF and their race plate will be removed.
Outside help will only be available at designated spectator locations. No mobile support, including motorized vehicles, are allowed on course.
UPDATE: Available food will be granola bars, fig bars and GU energy products. Hydration will be water and GU hydration. Please plan to stop and open your hydration pack or bottle to allow contactless filling from a volunteer.
Preparing for the Course
Have your bike checked over before the ride. Make sure everything is tight and properly adjusted, or take it to a trained Erik’s mechanic. They’ll gladly look it over and make sure everything is safe.
Remember to plan for the unexpected. Erik’s recommends on every ride that you keep the following in your hydration pack or seat bag:
- Spare tube
- Patch kit
- CO2 inflator with multiple cartridges or pump.
- Tire levers
For a long ride or race, you should add the following if you don’t already carry it:
- Tire boot for patching large cuts in tires
- Chain “quick” link to make field repairs
- Chain tool
- Back up energy food as a reserve tank
Erik’s mechanics will be on hand to make final adjustments or help out at the aid stations where possible. For more ideas, check out these recommendations or stop by one of Erik’s locations near you.